Sunday, February 6, 2011

What in the World is this Groundswell???


Groundswell. What in the world is groundswell? This concept, which is still somewhat foreign to the public as a whole, is a rapidly growing phenomenon. Groundswell is a technological trend for people to get what they need from one another. This theory is contrary to traditional forms of trade, such as institutions and corporations. Within the past 12 years of the technology “boom”, internet trade, communication, interaction, etc. has surged to almost a necessity in everyday life. In the future, the need for a physical business may come to an end. Due to these growing statistics, it is important that businesses become savvy to the ever changing world around them today. The text presents readers with information to understanding the relationship modern technologies have with each other, such as RSS, blogs, SNS, and so on.  Readers are also presented with testimonials of how, when social media was applied, interaction between consumer and institution became stronger.

This summer I will be studying in Tanzania, which is in East Africa, for 6 weeks. This blog is the beginning of my “social media” journey to connect with the world around me. Because I will be on the other side of the world, I will not be able to talk with my family and friends consistently. With that said, blogs, SNS, and whatnot will become my best friends during the trip. I am one part of the statistic of young people that could not resist the need to become participatory in the social media phenomenon.

No comments:

Post a Comment