Friday, February 11, 2011

Long Live Delicious!


As I log onto my blog post now I see a tab at the top saying, “Click here to make your linking easier! Link to Amazon to earn and save you money!” At first thought, who wouldn’t want their “linking” experience to be easier? Who wouldn’t want their life to be easier? We are living in a day and age that I have heard d called the “easy generation”. We live a fast-paced life, east fast food, drive fast cars, have higher speed internet, and do not like to wait for things. We want what we want, when we want it. I’m not sure that making life easier makes things necessarily better. The easier life we have now has caused people to go into debt, children to become fatter, and a monopoly of businesses to capitalize on the “needs” of our new lifestyle. However, back to the subject at hand, there are aspects of the “easy life” that are truly beneficial. Social media, though difficult to master at first, has made the process of linking easier. On Facebook, its easy to link to your family and friends, (and stalk their pictures endlessly), Twitter has made it easier for businesses and people to network and help one another, blogs have made it easier to get your thoughts out for everyone to hear. The article we read talked about how Delicious made bookmarking easier for everyone. I am a HUGE bookmark fan. Recently, my computer crashed, and took with it my 2 ½ years’ worth of bookmarks with it. I felt a part of my heart stop when I lost ALL of these findings. When Corinne told us that there was an online site that allowed you to access bookmarks from any computer, I wanted to leap for joy! The best part of the site was the fact that you could not only access your bookmarks, but also see who else bookmarked that, and their findings as well. It’s an online, never endings cycle of linking. I am not too happy that I came to hear about Delicious and the point of its downfall. In this fast-paced life we live in, social media is becoming one of the “easy-button” areas that I am enjoying. ¡Viva la Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment